11.29.2006

for your information

Many of you might have already heard from me about this. But I wanted to mention it here, for those who have yet to hear about this non-profit organization.

"CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of HIV, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives."

I received an email from them about a week ago about an opportunity to "double your impact." Apparently someone has offered to match all gifts made from now until the end of November. I wasn't sure if anyone out there reading my little blog might be interested in this, but I know that in our situation where money is already tight, I like being able to make a smaller donation turn into something bigger.

If you'd like to learn more about CARE, please visit their website. Or you can contact me and I can send you a dvd (very powerful). And if you're interested in doubling your donation, click here. I'm not trying to pressure anyone, just a little FYI. And to all of you, take care!

2 comments:

  1. http://photos-665.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v47/228/116/17809683/n17809683_31639665_650.jpg
    Thought you'd like to see this, go take a look!. It was great seeing you this past week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto to you, too! And what a loverly photo... (do we all sense a hint of heavy sarcasm?!)!

    ReplyDelete

You're currently in the process of making my day. So thanks for that! *B