2.20.2007

breaking protocol

Two at a time! I know I said I was done with DS for awhile, but that didn't last very long! And I usually try not to post recipes on this site, because that's why I have my Mess! But I couldn't help myself because I made these today and just felt that I had to share it with the masses! Don't worry, this will be on the other site... eventually.

a click on image = a readable recipe

I've made these a few times now, and I rather like them. I eat one of these bad boys every morning for breakfast, with a protein shake. However, if you're expecting these to taste like brownies, you will sadly be mistaken! They taste like healthy food, which I happen to like (you know me...). And there are some really "good" protein bars out there that taste like candy! But I HATE, read it, HATE, sugar substitutes and their aftertaste. Also, I happen to have these ingredients on hand. So, I guess what I'm getting at is don't try these unless you really think you'll like them, because you'll end up spending a lot of money (if you don't already have said stuff) just to throw them away. The original recipe can be found here (love Alton Brown). And for those of you curious about the nutrition information, click here.

Credits: Shabby Princess, Misprinted Type, and Margarete Antonio.

3 comments:

  1. I like them and I DON'T like health food. True, they don't taste like snickers. They are more earthy than that. Think dense fruit cake with a hint of peanut butter. That might not sound very tasty, but I like them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:23 PM

    Love the digi recipe. I looked at the Black Apple blog and couldn't see where she did the name game....can you point me in the right direction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the digi recipes. I'll have to try your breakfast bars. You have awesome recipes!

    ReplyDelete

You're currently in the process of making my day. So thanks for that! *B