1.28.2008

standing a little taller

Our beloved prophet returned to our heavenly home and Father last night. I may not have known him personally, but I do know that he was a wonderful leader, a loving grandfather, and admired by many. And while I am sad to see him go, I am glad to see him reunited with his loved ones.

A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to hear his voice one last time. He spoke with a strength beyond his own. He truly was, and is, a prophet of God. And I will be forever grateful for his teachings, his guidance, his wisdom and wit, as I'm sure many will be.

"Let us all try to stand a little taller, rise a little higher, be a little better. Make the extra effort. You will be happier." --Gordon B. Hinckley
(“The Quest for Excellence,” Ensign, Sept. 1999)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for those thoughts Beth. I never know what to say or feel when it comes to death ... and you said exactly what I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully put. And what a wonderful man...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely put, Beth. Much better than my bumbling attempt.

    ReplyDelete

You're currently in the process of making my day. So thanks for that! *B