11.19.2007

give thanks by giving back

I think this message says it all; I really couldn't add to it. But please, check out this organization. And watch this. Who am I to complain about whatever it is I complain about?! *B


As Thanksgiving approaches, I know that so many of us are reflecting on the blessings and good fortune we have enjoyed throughout the year. I am reminded of how grateful I am for the family and friends who bring me so much joy – and for the support of people like you who make CARE's work possible.

Thanksgiving is also a time of generosity and, today, you have the chance to make your generosity go twice as far through a special matching gift campaign.

Businesswoman, philanthropist and CARE Ambassador Sheila Johnson will match all gifts made from now until the end of November, up to $100,000. Make your donation today and it will be DOUBLED, dollar for dollar, to empower women and families around the globe.

Your gift today will help CARE continue to respond to desperate need and create long-term solutions for some of the world's most vulnerable people.
  • Hundreds of thousands of people forced to flee their homes in Darfur depend on CARE to provide food, water and critical medical attention.

  • CARE continues to help those displaced by the devastating earthquake in Peru earlier this year rebuild their communities and plan for the future.

  • In 66 countries around the globe, CARE's programs to empower women are making an enormous difference in poor communities.
Please, help CARE continue this vital work – and double your impact – by making your donation today.

I feel truly thankful when I think of the thousands of CARE supporters who are willing to do anything they can to fight poverty. You make our work possible. I hope you will take this opportunity to double your gift and create lasting change for those living in poverty.

Thank you for your commitment to create lasting change. Working together, I know we can make a real difference for poor women, families and communities around the world.

Sincerely,

Helene D. Gayle, MD, MPH
President and CEO, CARE

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're currently in the process of making my day. So thanks for that! *B